Covid-19 Important Information
Thank you so much to all of you who have been in touch with me over the past few months to show your support and to check how we were doing. This meant a lot to me. I hope that you and your families have stayed well throughout the lockdown period.
GOOD NEWS... We are now in a position to reopen the clinic to existing patients however there are criteria to meet to ensure safety. Please read carefully to familiarise yourself with the new procedures we have implemented as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
It is very important to us that the clinic remains a relaxing and therapeutic environment however it is also very important that we do everything we can to safeguard against infection.
The measurements we are putting in place ensure that our clinic is COVID-19 Secure.
Appointment times will be staggered to allow 15 minutes in between each appointment. This will ensure that people do not use entry and exit points at the same time and allow time to clean the treatment room and all door handles in between each client. For this reason we ask that you do not arrive early for your appointment.
We have designated one toilet as staff only and one for patients and you will find hand sanitisers at regular intervals throughout the clinic space.
TREATMENT CRITERIA & SCREENING
The British Acupuncture Council have set out specific criteria for a phased return to normal practice. On the 6th July we were notified that we are now moving from phase 3 into phase 2.
In order to receive treatment, you must be able to meet all of the criteria below. If you are able to do this you can either contact me directly or book an appointment online. Any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch.
CRITERIA FOR TREATMENT
You must answer YES to one of these questions:
1) Your health (including mental health) has deteriorated as a result of not having treatments.
2) New symptoms have arisen or returned during lockdown that require urgent care.
3) The benefit of having treatment outweighs the risk of contracting Covid-19. (includes those at moderate risk)
4) You are undergoing IVF or assisted fertility treatments.
SCREENING FOR TREATMENT
You must answer NO to all of these questions:
1) Have you had a fever within the last 7 days
2) Do you have a persistent dry cough (coughing for more than an hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hrs, or a worsening pre-existing cough)
3) Have you been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or coronavirus-type symptoms.
4) Have you been advised to stay home and self isolate or self quarantine
5) Do you have any other symptoms that could mean that you have a Covid-19 infection
6) Have you been categorised as HIGH RISK or clinically vulnerable (criteria below)
You will be asked these questions again in clinic and asked to sign a consent form to confirm your answers.
HIGH RISK CATEGORISATION
had an organ transplant
having any treatments for cancer
had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months or still taking immunosuppressant medicine
told by a doctor that you have a severe lung condition (such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD)
have a condition that means you have a very high risk of getting infections (such as SCID or sickle cell)
taking medicine that makes you more likely to get infections (such as high dose steroids)
Pregnant and have serious heart condition
MODERATE RISK CATEGORISATION
70 or older
have a lung condition that is not severe (such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis)
have heart disease (such as heart failure)
have chronic kidney disease
have liver disease (such as hepatitis)
have a condition affecting the brain or nerves (such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy)
have a condition that means you have a high risk of getting infections
taking medicine that can affect the immune system (such as low doses of steroids)
BMI of 40 or above