Going through fertility issues can be a lonely journey and many people feel unable to share their troubles with even their closest friends and families. The stigma attached to infertility is very damaging for many people and sadly it is an all too common issue with around 1 in 7 couples having difficulty conceiving. The good news is that about 84% of couples will conceive naturally within a year if they have regular unprotected sex (every 2 or 3 days). Many people want assistance to help ensure their reproductive health is in the best condition to optimise fertility
Acupuncture may be able to assist the following conditions:
- Regulation of menstrual cycle
- Heavy or painful periods
- Irregular periods
- Ovarian Cysts
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Male Infertility
- Unexplained Infertility
How can I assist your fertility journey?
Fertility is a subject close to my heart. After suffering with endometriosis and recurrent miscarriages, acupuncture became instrumental in my own health care regime. Now, I have 2 beautiful children to show for it. You can read more of my personal story on the About page. I aim to support you in your fertility journey on all levels; emotionally, physically and mentally.
In order to get the best results, the fertility service I provide involves one of, or a combination of Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Bio-resonance therapy, Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy, Supplementation & Detoxification Techniques. Alongside this I offer the use of pre-recorded hypnosis tracks to relax to during your treatment.
My Approach to Fertility Treatments
Research has been shown that acupuncture can influence fertility by:
1. Acupuncture has been shown to affect hormone levels by promoting the release of beta-endorphin in the brain, which affects the release of gonadotrophin releasing hormone by the hypothalamus, follicle stimulating hormone from the pituitary gland, and oestrogen and progesterone levels from the ovary.
2. Increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs - stress also stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, which causes constriction of ovarian arteries. Acupuncture inhibits this sympathetic activity, improving blood flow to the ovaries enhancing the environment in which ovarian follicles develop.
3. Lowering scrotal temperature.
4. Increases blood flow to the uterus, improving the thickness of the endometrial lining and increasing the chances of embryo implantation.
5. Counteracting the effects of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is one of the most common causes of female infertility.
6. Acupuncture has been shown to reduce the number of ovarian cysts, stimulate ovulation, enhance blastocyst implantation and regulate the menstrual cycle in women with PCOS.
7. Improving sperm maturation in the epididymis, increasing testosterone levels, and reducing liquid peroxidation of sperm.
supporting you on your fertility journey
Endometriosis & PCOS
Preparation for IVF & egg transfer
Stress & anxiety reduction
Heartburn & reflux
Aches & pains
Post natal depression
Post natal anxiety
Breast feeding issues
Caesarian scar healing
Could Environmental Toxins Be Affecting Your Fertility?
Take our online course to learn more and help you clear the way for conception
Understand what environmental toxins could be harming your fertility
How you can avoid them
What you can do to help your body eliminate them
Fertility detox protocol
Downloadable fertility planner & symptoms checker
"I went for acupuncture with Lindsay after two consecutive miscarriages last year. I was physically and emotionally devastated and exhausted, but Lindsay treated me with such unrelenting empathy and understanding. She is very genuine and knowledgeable and took my aim of a successful pregnancy very seriously and treated me systematically varying to suit my needs on the day.
I am very uncomfortable with needles and have very sensitive skin, but she was very compassionate and allowed me to take it at my own pace. After three months, she had a sixth sense I was pregnant before I even told her. 9 months later (with ongoing support from Lindsay) came a wonderfully healthy 9lb 4oz baby girl! I credit it all to Lindsays help, and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!"