N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a highly stable and bioavailable form of the amino acid cysteine. Amino acids are compounds used by the body for a number of functions including to form proteins. Proteins are required by the human body for the maintenance and growth of tissue where they perform structural roles.
- NAC is renowned for its ability to replenish levels of the glutathione, the body’s master antioxidant.
- NAC also plays an important role in the body’s detoxification process, respiratory and circulatory system, as well as regulating levels of glutamate, the most important neurotransmitter in the brain.
- L-cysteine is one of the amino acids to contain sulphur, NAC has a strong sulphur like odour, which is completely normal.
- Each capsule comprises 500mg of N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
- NAC has also been shown to increase nitric oxide production, which helps veins dilate and improve blood flow and enhance circulation.L-cysteine important for keratin synthesis for healthy skin, hair and nails
- L-cysteine is a non-essential amino acid, however the ability to synthesis it decreases with age. Levels of cysteine may become depleted in a number of health conditions, also during times of stress, low immunity, or poor protein intake, therefore the requirement for cysteine can increase beyond the body’s ability to synthesis.
- Easy to swallow one a day capsule
- This product is not suitable for children, pregnant or lactating women.
- NAC has also been shown to increase nitric oxide production, which helps veins dilate and improve blood flow and enhance circulation
NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) 60 capsules (Cytoplan)
Directions & Information
1 capsule daily, with juice or water and with a carbohydrate meal, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat
Dimensions of Capsule: Length 21.7 mm Width 7.64 mm Depth 7.64 mm
Can capsule be opened and sprinkled onto food? No
Ingredients: N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, brown rice flour, HMPC (Capsule shell)
Additives: Brown rice flour
Daily Intake Amount: 1 capsule % NRV*
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) 500mg ✝
* NRV is the Nutrient Reference Value
✝ NRV not yet established
This product is suitable for the following requirements:
This product is hypoallergenic / does not contain any of the 14 major allergens listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation.
If you are pregnant, breast-feeding, have a medical condition or are under medical supervision, please consult a doctor before use
Not suitable for use during planned pregnancy, pregnancy or breast-feeding
Not suitable for children
Do not exceed the recommended daily intake/dose
Do not purchase or consume if the seal is broken
Keep out of reach of children
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle