Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can help to prepare both males and females for natural conception or assisted conception & IVF. Everyone has different reasons for choosing acupuncture for fertility; maybe you have been trying to get pregnant for some time with no success, or may feel it is your last hope before trying IVF. Perhaps you have conditions such as PCOS or endometriosis that require managing, and maybe you simply want to prepare yourself for pregnancy in the future. Wherever you are in your fertility journey, acupuncture may be an excellent way to help to bring your health into better balance, ease some of the stress and increase your chances of success.
Fertility is a subject close to my heart. After suffering with endometriosis and recurrent miscarriages, acupuncture became instrumental in my own health care regime. Now, I have 2 beautiful children to show for it. You can read more of my personal story on the About page.
Acupuncture may be able to support you in your fertility journey on all levels; emotionally, physically and mentally.
In order to get the best results, the fertility service I provide involves one of, or a combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Bio-resonance therapy, Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy, Supplementation & Detoxification Techniques. Alongside this I offer the use of pre-recorded hypnosis tracks to relax to during your treatment.
Acupuncture may be able to assist the following conditions:
- Regulation of menstrual cycle
- Heavy or painful periods
- Irregular periods
- Ovarian Cysts
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Male Infertility
- Unexplained Infertility
Could environmental toxins may be affecting your fertility?
Take our online course to learn more and help you clear the way for conception
- Understand what environmental toxins could be harming your fertility
- How you can avoid them
- What you can do to help your body eliminate them
- Fertility detox protocol
- Downloadable fertility planner & symptoms checker
- Get 15% off any supplement purchases from our online store
Sign up for our FREE Introductory Module on the Fertility Detox page.
Research has been shown to influence fertility by:
1. Acupuncture has been shown to affect hormone levels by promoting the release of beta-endorphin in the brain, which affects the release of gonadotrophin releasing hormone by the hypothalamus, follicle stimulating hormone from the pituitary gland, and oestrogen and progesterone levels from the ovary.
2. Increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs - stress also stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, which causes constriction of ovarian arteries. Acupuncture inhibits this sympathetic activity, improving blood flow to the ovaries enhancing the environment in which ovarian follicles develop.
3. Lowering scrotal temperature.
4. Increases blood flow to the uterus, improving the thickness of the endometrial lining and increasing the chances of embryo implantation.
5. Counteracting the effects of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is one of the most common causes of female infertility.
6. Acupuncture has been shown to reduce the number of ovarian cysts, stimulate ovulation, enhance blastocyst implantation and regulate the menstrual cycle in women with PCOS.
7. Improving sperm maturation in the epididymis, increasing testosterone levels, and reducing liquid peroxidation of sperm.
Here through your motherhood journey
ENDOMETRIOSIS & PCOS
IVF PREPARATION & EGG TRANSFER
STRESS & ANXIETY REDUCTION
HEARTBURN & REFLUX
POST NATAL DEPRESSION
POST NATAL ANXIETY
BREAST FEEDING ISSUES
"I went for acupuncture with Lindsay after two consecutive miscarriages last year. I was physically and emotionally devastated and exhausted, but Lindsay treated me with such unrelenting empathy and understanding. She is very genuine and knowledgeable and took my aim of a successful pregnancy very seriously and treated me systematically varying to suit my needs on the day.
I am very uncomfortable with needles and have very sensitive skin, but she was very compassionate and allowed me to take it at my own pace. After three months, she had a sixth sense I was pregnant before I even told her. 9 months later (with ongoing support from Lindsay) came a wonderfully healthy 9lb 4oz baby girl! I credit it all to Lindsays help, and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!"